Friday, September 14, 2007

It’s all fun and games until….

Well if you thought this vacation was all beautiful scenery and wildlife well think again. It wouldn’t be a gay vacation without drama. As we toured through Yellowstone we noticed that we crossed the continental divide a few times and each time we did there was a big sign that said “Continental Divide”. So as we were leaving we saw the sign and thought it would be great to get a photo of us in front of the sign. So off the road we pulled and out of the car we hopped cameras in hand. As I was closing my door Rick says, “Did you lock the door?” I said “No” thinking why in the hell would I lock the door when we are just taking pictures. Well what he said and what he meant were two different things. What he meant was “Don’t close the door, one of us has hit the button and the doors are locked.” Too late, now we are locked out of the car with it running the heat on high because it is cold and overcast and the dogs buckled in. We begged Hunk to hit the window latch with his paw and wouldn’t you know it the first time in his life that he didn’t jump up bounce around or put his paws up he chose this time. He just sat in the window looking at us like we were crazy. Finally, I had the thought to use a credit card and try to and finagle the window lock open. 20 minutes to a half hour later I finally got it and Rick hoisted me through the window and I opened the door. Needless to say there are no pictures of us at the continental divide.

No comments: