Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Provincetown


I'll start where I left off, after a few cocktails we took Hunk for a walk before turning in. We went over to the open field, and maybe I was just this side of one too many tequilas but I don't think so but, when I look up I've never seen that many stars in one place at one time. There were no clouds in the sky and it was amazing to see. I even saw the milky way, I don't think I've seen that since I was a child, about two years ago. Today we went up to Provincetown proper. http://www.provincetown.com/ It is the very tip of the cape, surrounded three sides by water. We drove up into town and did some sightseeing from the car it was all very pretty but the next thing we knew we were on the main road back out of town. We had to drive down to do a u-turn and come back in. We found a place to park, got Hunk hooked up and off we went. It's a cute little town full of B&Bs. I think off season the population is 75 and in season it's 16,000. We walked through town and when we could we cut through to the ocean beach so Hunk could play in the water. He still doesn't have the concept of waves down but he's learning. Lots of cute shops to explore but only one had something I couldn't leave behind. There is a store called The Black Dog, http://www.theblackdog.com/home.php it's logo is a black lab so I had to pick up a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and a hoodie so I could get the free tote bag (one can never have too many tote bags). Hunk is not a fan of the motorcycle. It seems to be the only thing he can not tolerate. Motorcycles are very popular in Provincetown. We had to stop several times to calm him down but he did great otherwise. We got back in time for Hunk to have dinner and us to have cocktails before dinner. Hunk ate, we took him for a walk, and it seemed the day caught up with him because he came back went into the trailer and went to bed. A few cocktails, dinner, and a few more cocktails we followed suit.

No comments: